|LOVE IT OR HATE IT - TWENTY QUOTES ABOUT TELEVISION
Questions Site Information Contact
- TV will never be a serious competitor for radio because people must sit and keep their eyes glued on a screen; the average American family hasn't time for it. - Author Unknown from the New York Times, 1939
- Television is an education. The question is what is it teaching? - Nicholas Johnson
- I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
- Groucho Marx
- Television has raised writing to a new low.
- Samuel Goldwyn
- A television is a device you can sit in front of and watch people do things that you could be doing, if you weren't sitting there watching them do it. - Unknown
- Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home. - David Frost
- Time has convinced me of one thing. Television is for appearing on, not looking at. - Noel Coward
- Television is chewing gum for the eyes. - Frank Lloyd Wright
- On cable TV they have a weather channel - 24 hours of weather. We had something like that where I grew up. We called it a window.
- Dan Spencer
- In Beverley Hills, they don't throw their garbage away - they make it into television shows. - Woody Allen
- Seeing a murder on television can help work off one's antagonisms. And if you haven't any antagonisms, the commercials will give you some. - Alfred Hitchcock
- It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper. - Rod Serling
- If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all. - Joey Adams
- I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician.
-- Marty Feldman
- They say that ninety percent of TV is junk. But, ninety percent of everything is junk. - Gene Roddenberry
- It's the menace that everyone loves to hate but can't seem to live without. - Paddy Chayevsky
- I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. - Orson Welles
- If you surveyed a hundred typical middle-aged Americans, I bet you'd find that only two of them could tell you their blood types, but every last one of them would know the theme song from The Beverly Hillbillies. - Dave Barry
- Today, watching television often means fighting, violence and foul language - and that's just deciding who gets to hold the remote control. - Donna Gephart
- I believe television is going to be the test of the modern world, and that in this new opportunity to see beyond the range of our vision, we shall discover a new and unbearable disturbance of the modern peace, or a saving radiance in the sky. We shall stand or fall by television - of that I am quite sure. - E.B. White
Return to Top of Page